Experience Waikato for students
Experience Waikato is an opportunity to spend time on and around both our Hamilton and Tauranga campuses, meet some of our great people, spend a night in Hamilton, and build your understanding of what Waikato student life is all about.
When is it?
10th – 11th June OR 29th- 30th June
What can I expect?
– Interactive tours of the Hamilton and Tauranga campuses
– Academic workshops where you can hear more about the courses you are interested in and participate in interactive workshops and get a sense of student life
– Visit the esports centre, recreation centre or chat with one of our Future Student Advisors to get have an individual conversation about the degree and start planning your potential course of study
– Movie night at the Playhouse – Gallagher Centre of Performing Arts. A great chance to socialise, make new friends and meet your potential cohort for 2022.
– See the cities of Hamilton, Tauranga and Mount Maunganui
And much more!!
How much does it cost and how do I get there?
Experience Waikato is free to attend apart from getting yourself to and from the campus. However, the exciting news is I have been given some funding to have a small number of people have their travel funded. This means flying up with me to Hamilton from Wellington in the morning (super early @ 6am) on either the 10th or 29th June and flying back from Tauranga early in the evening of the next day.
I want to come – how do I register?
If you want to attend, it would be great to have you there. There are two things to do next depending whether you would like to have your travel funded or if you’ll make your own way there.
Option one – I’d like my travel paid for
Send email@example.com a letter/video/PowerPoint introducing yourself and discuss why you are interested in studying at the University of Waikato. It doesn’t have to be super long, just enough to get a sense of who you are and why you are considering the university.
Option two – I’ll make my own way
Just reply to firstname.lastname@example.org saying you want to attend and I will add you to the list. I will then send you the itinerary and you can make your own arrangements getting yourself to and from Hamilton or Tauranga depending on what you’d like to do on Day 2.
Whichever option you decide on, the places are limited because of the accommodation and there are a lot more of you on the registered list than there are places so be quick!!
Student Engagement Manager, Wellington Region
Office of the Vice-Chancellor
Ph: +64 21 090 13122
University of Waikato | Private Bag 3105 | Hamilton